'Better than ever' Rubens isn't ready to quit

Rubens Barrichello says he's not yet ready to quit F1, insisting that he's "driving better than at any other time."

Two weeks ago in Turkey the Brazilian became the most capped F1 driver in the history of the sport, clocking up his 257th race start.

One race later and Barrichello was back in the points for the first time in more than a year, finishing the Monaco GP in sixth place.

And even though his three points were some way off from the ten he would have scored if he's won the race, something he hasn't done since joining Honda, Barrichello reckons it was another step in the right direction for himself and the team.

"I miss winning races - in fact I miss it terribly. That's why I put so much effort into testing and getting things done. I just know that I am prepared whenever the car is ready," he told the official F1 website.

The Brazilian, though, denied that the lack of wins or that fact that he now holds the record for the most grand prix starts mean that this season could be his 'farewell tour'.

"The celebration and the cake and all the appreciation from the other teams has all been very nice - and I was definitely moved to witness all that - but I am still doing my job and Sunday's result has proved that. So why should I want to put all that behind me?"

"I am very motivated and with the joining of Ross Brawn, I definitely feel that we are undergoing a change for the better.

"For sure, the car is not that good yet for what I want to achieve, but right now I have the feeling that I am driving better than at any other time, so all I need is a quick car to perform. My mind still says yes to racing."

Barrichello's Honda deal expires at the end of this season.

Posted in |

0 comments: