Rubens Barrichello


"The Istanbul Park track is fairly challenging from a drivers' point of view as it runs anti-clockwise which is unusual and the undulations are quite extreme which can make for an exciting lap. I have been impressed with the circuit since we started racing here in 2005. The lap itself has a nice flow, and most importantly, it's a good racing track with overtaking opportunities, which have led to some exciting races. The highlight for most drivers is the high-speed turn eight where the triple apex is really quick, blind and tough on your neck.

"Becoming the most experienced Formule One driver ever means a great deal to me. I've had a long career in Formule One and I have so many wonderful memories, but I don't feel any different today to the day when I started out on this journey in 1993. My first race, at Kyalami, seems like yesterday. I must thank my family and friends for their unwavering support through the years. I was lucky enough to start my career in F1 at a young age and I love racing as much as ever and, importantly, I still love Formula One. Whilst people will look back at my 16-year career in Turkey, I'm still looking forward and the next race is the one that matters the most."

Posted in |

0 comments: